May all who enter as GUESTS, leave as FRIENDS!

Monday, January 18, 2010

I've caught the BUG!!!

I have caught the bug that is going around lately. That is cleaning, organizing and decluttering! I spent this weekend finally getting ALL of the Christmas down and out of the front room. . . finally!
I wanted to get all of my Holiday decor organized and put away in a neat and orderly fashion.
Lucky for me, Target was having a FABULOUS sale on their storage bins. So I went and bought a few at five dollars a piece.

AS far as the bins go....
GO CLEAR!
Then you can see into the bin and have a general idea what is in each bin. That way next year you don't have to rifle through all of them looking for that one thing you need.
I went into word and made some Big labels for each of the Bins.
 
I used clear mailing tape. Place the label on the tape and then onto the bin. Much easier this way.
Cover the whole paper label with tape. This will help it withstand water and will not tear.

Affix the label in the middle of the bin. It looks so nice! I put one on each side of the bin and if I had enough labels, I put one on the lid as well.

Here are just a few of my Storage bins. The christmas Tree bin I inherited this year.
It is packed full with more boxes and the tree, of course.

One More Tip.... Organize and pack your boxes according to Rooms. That way you can pull the boxes out by room and pack and unpack without all the runaround!
This makes Holiday Decorating SOOOO much Easier! I promise! Saves so much time. Plus you have a place to store the everyday things that you take down for the holidays until you want to put them up again.
I am participating and joining....

I love Parties

2 comments:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I love clear bins too, your labels are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Check out my tips including how to get pen off and couch!

http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2010/01/different-way-to-clean.html

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

Oh I love bins! It will be so much easier for you next year when getting everything out. (And if you are like me and spot something that you forgot to put in the bins!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails