May all who enter as GUESTS, leave as FRIENDS!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My To- Do List

Okay so we all know that I am cheap. This is a wonderful gift, but a wonderful curse at times too. My problem is that I cannot justify spending money on something that I could easily make and replicate. So I am going to share with you some of the very things that "I want, I want, I want! I must Have!" But I cannot justify spending that kind of dough for.
For example, This Button Garland from
Ballard Desingns For a set of 3, it is $30.00 for 9' of garland!

Or these really pretty and uber easy musical bird ornaments also from BD.
These go for 19.00 for 6. Yikes! Am I the only one who thinks that is crazy?

Or this beautiful Fleur de lis stocking holder that retails for $25.00

These Stockings are Adorable too... Oh I just love them and they would be SOOO Easy to make! They Go for $35.00 a piece!

I might even have to make one of these adorable little ones for my Sweet Kapri...

All of the Above Pictures and Creative inspiration is from Ballard Designs Go there and look around and love it!
Love this ornament from Pottery Barn So pretty, and would be really easy to copy for cheap! $8.00 a piece

I love this pillow cover as well, but I don't know how I could spend $49.00 on one. I want at least 3 pillow covers because I have a lot of throw pillows to cover.

My next stop was to the Sundance Catalog Company to check out all their Christmas Goodies!
I found these beautiful Mercury Orb Ornaments, that are $36.00 for 6. I know just how to replicate these! And go look at the Mercury Glass hurricanes. That is one thing I love about them, is the fact that you can see through it. It is really beautiful and will be so easy to duplicate. I will show you, do not worry! AND it will not cost you $18-28 a piece I promise you that!
I am definately going to have to copy some of those "mercury" items. Last year I got the Mercury Star ornaments from Sundance, they were on sale and gave those out as gifts so this year I want to incorporate more of that beautiful shimmer into my decorating.
I am very excited for the Holidays. I have a fireplace and space of my very own to decorate and have fun with! I am so excited! I have a lot of work to do!

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

I saw that gorgeous button garland and thought the same thing. Although unless I came into an inheritance of buttons I don't know if I could make it cheaper. Although the birdies...I know I could.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails