May all who enter as GUESTS, leave as FRIENDS!

Friday, June 26, 2009

"ITLY, My wife's in Itly!!!" Name that movie!

That is one of my favorite movie line's to quote. it is from "Only you" and the way he says "ITLY!" just cracks me up!

"Between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come. Any arbitrary turning along the way, and I would be elsewhere. I would be different.
What are four walls, anyway? They are what they contain. The house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen." -Under the Tuscan Sun


I love this. Everyday we prepare ourselves for the next venture in life. The lord doesn't shape the load for the back it will be carried on, he shapes the back to be able to carry the load. That is how I am feeling lately. I need to be prepared. I am being built and prepared for the things that are to come in my life.

Another Favorite quote from Under the Tuscan Sun...
"Listen, when I was a little girl, I used to spend hours looking for ladybugs.
Finally, I'd just give up and fall asleep in the grass. When I woke up,they were crawling all over me."

I love this... Good things in life come to us, we don't have to do anything to ensure that they will come. We are supposed to be proactive, but as long as we are doing our part and building those "tracks" and preparing ourselves to receive, they will come.
It is funny but there is a lot to be learned from this movie. I find myself thinking about the lessons taught in this movie alot.

"The trick to overcoming buyer's remorse is to have a plan.
Pick one room and make it yours.
Go slowly through the house. Be polite, introduce yourself, so it can introduce itself to you."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails