May all who enter as GUESTS, leave as FRIENDS!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

To making the most of my 27th year.


It has been a really long time since I have blogged. I became disillusioned with the idea of people just taking what I submitted on here. It probably shouldn't have, but it rubbed me the wrong way. I walked away. 

Well I am ready to start again... 

I am now 27 years old. I own a home and have a really great, steady, secure job. I cannot believe I am 27 years old. I really do not know where the time has gone. My 27th birthday was probably the hardest birthday for me. 26 held so much hope and promise, and then let me down. 

In order to have a great year I have made a 27th year Bucket list. 27 things to do before I turn 28.
The purpose of these goals is to step out of my comfort zone. Explore, create, learn, grow and above all... LIVE.


In no particular order: 
1.      Write a letter to myself to be read on my 28th Birthday, complete with instructions to create my next list. Include this list and see if I completed everything on the list.
2.      Start and finish my Mission Scrapbook.
3.      Take a Pottery Class
4.      Finish all the books on my personal Book list
5.      Ride in a Hot air balloon
6.      Sleep in a Tepee
7.      Visit 5 temples that I have never been to before
8.      Kiss, be kissed, and really enjoy it
9.      Host 2 different people from Couch surfing.
10.  Float the Provo River
11.  Pay off my student loan
12.  Swim near a waterfall
13.  Go on a Church History Road Trip
14.  Take a time lapse photo
15.  Do a creative marathon. Do 27 works of art or execute 27 ideas off of pinterest.
16.  Write, finish, edit my childrens book
17.  Finish the Live for each moment Journal. Record each experience on this list. What I learned, insights gained, what I will do next.
18.  Go Camping. Real camping, tent and campfire.
19.  Grow my own watermelon.
20.  Have a picnic at the Great Salt Lake
21.  Sunrise hike up Ensign Peak by myself
22.  Do the Dirty Dash
23.  Volunteer at least 3 times. (Habitat for Humanity, Big Brother/Big Sister, etc.)
24.  Learn how to swim and hold breath underwater without plugging my nose. 
25. Take a Sushi Class
26. Book the cheapest flight I can find and go by myself for a weekend. Couch surf! Even if it is only to Montpelier Vermont.
27.  Go to a live taping of a Game show. Like The Price is Right or Wheel of Fortune.

This list makes me giddy!!! I am so excited to get started. 

1 comment:

Jason & Montana said...

Love this list. I think I've seen that you have accomplished some of these already.... camped in a teepee. Way to go!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails